> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Venting and combustion questions.
Login | Register

Venting and combustion questions.

Posted by Robert K on January 9th, 1998 10:37 AM
In reply to Wet basement by JT on January 5th, 1998 06:34 PM [Go to top of thread]

JT - you brought up another point that has concerned me. I realize that the furnace and water heater need to have airflow to work properly etc. When I frame out the basement I will be creating three seperate rooms. One will be a play area for my kids then the others will be a storage area and a laundry room. Off the laundry room is where the furnace and the water heater are located. I was hoping to put up a wall between the furnace/water heater, and a couple of louvered bifold doors to mask these ugly things. However to get into the laundry room you would have to pass thru a normal door from the play area. ( The furnace will be located at the other end ) If this door is closed there will not be much airflow into the laundry area. I planned on running duct work in the ceiling from the furnace area into the laundryroom and then to the play area with a vent in each section/room. Do you think this will work??? I understand without actually seeing it it is more difficult to give advise but I am open for any suggestions.....

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC