> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > vented drip edge...
Login | Register

vented drip edge...

Posted by jb on April 10th, 2001 12:48 PM
In reply to no sofit vents by kc on April 9th, 2001 11:04 PM [Go to top of thread]

I respectfully disagree with what JackD was saying. Specifically, about gable vents - you can only use gable vents if the insulation is in the attic floor and the attic is outside temperature. To make the attic living space the insulation needs to be in the rafters and proper venting is a MUST. This is not theory, but well established technology. The easiest way for you to go is with a drip edge that has vents built in. It will be a pain to remove the old one, cut a gap in the fascia and/or plywood and redo the drip edge (I have never installed it so I'm not positive where the air gap is - fascia or plywood). They used this stuff on my house and it works great. Research about vent keepers and ridge vents and vapor barriers, and maybe you will have to "build down" your rafters if they aren't deep enough for adequate insulation values.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC