> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Veneer repair/replace
Login | Register

Veneer repair/replace

Posted by DH on September 9th, 2001 02:03 AM
In reply to removing damaged veneer by debbie on September 2nd, 2001 11:32 AM [Go to top of thread]

There are several methods to do this. One is to (as Steve said) patch the missing section, but instead of using 1/8" or 1/4" plywood use Veneer, you can get 10mil and 30mil 4x8 sheets in a will be expensive but the job will turn out better. Contact your local Hardwood supplier or one of the mail order woodworking companys, or a local cabinet shop/woodwright.

If you want to try to remove the damaged veneer you can take a damp rag and an iron, lay the damp rag on the desk and press the hot iron over it moving and rewetting from time to time . This will take some time as you are steaming the top off. Use a wide putty knife to get between the veneer and substrate. Be very careful as you can easily get burned by the steam. Some times this works and sometimes it dosent.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC