> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > VCR/Cable Problem
Login | Register

VCR/Cable Problem

Posted by Tracy on December 14th, 2000 02:11 PM
In reply to VCR HELP!!! by Tracy on December 12th, 2000 10:22 PM [Go to top of thread]

Hi everyone!

Thanks so much for your help. So far, still getting blue screen on a timer record. We have two separate tv's in different rooms hooked up to VCR's. The newer vcr that was purchased for a bedroom tv, is recording on a timer fine now. But the mitsubishi vcr that is hooked up to a jvc living room tv is still giving me blue screen on a timer record.

It's also not recognizing the channels. Before I got cable, I could timer record anything on that vcr and I would be able to see what I recorded. I'm at my wits end trying to figure out why it doesn't record right now.

When I switched from Antenna in the vcr menu to CATV and redid the channel inputs accordingly it just doesn't respond to anything now. If I set back to antenna and set the timer to record, I get a blue screen that blinks to grey occasionally.

I know the connections are done correctly from the cable box to the vcr and the vcr to the tv, because I can play pre recorded movies and I can one touch record anything, but I can't seem to use the timer recrod feature!!

I have contacted my cable services provider, and they are sending a tech on the 18th!

If anyone can think of something else for me to try please let me know!!

I've re checked the cables, and they are fine, I've changed the input to CATV, I always hit tv/vcr button, I follow the menus, and it does start taping what I program for the whole time I program it, but when I playback it plays back nothing but bluescreen!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC