> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Usually......
Login | Register


Posted by Dodgeman on September 23rd, 2002 12:28 PM
In reply to Basement wall rod hole leaks by Pat on September 20th, 2002 10:12 PM [Go to top of thread]

The two halves of the form are held together with heavy wire. After the concrete is cured, the wire is cut, the forms are removed, and the wire is broken off flush with the wall by working it back and forth. If water is leaking through one of the wire "holes", I would chizel out concrete around the wire about 1 inch deep, cut or break the wire off flush with the bottom of the hole, and fill (patch) the hole with a patching material made specifically for sealing water leaks. (I believe one such product is called Water Plug)
Good Luck!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC