> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Use a tub-or-shower valve with integral stops
Login | Register

Use a tub-or-shower valve with integral stops

Posted by David Winegarden on October 24th, 2000 02:31 AM
In reply to bathroom plumbing by David on October 23rd, 2000 08:46 PM [Go to top of thread]

No, you do NOT put separate shutoff valves
inline to the tub valve. You should select
a tub-valve which INCLUDES integral "stop" valves.
Most manufacturers provide these at typically
$15 or $20 more than the "plain" ones. I had a
Moen 3170L put in which has quarter-turn with a
screwdriver stops behind the cover-plate to allow servicing the mixing valve. Delta and Kohler both list such integral-stop tub-fill valves. Probably everybody else does too.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC