> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Upgrade to 200 amp service
Login | Register

Upgrade to 200 amp service

Posted by Randy Russell on June 23rd, 2000 10:30 AM

I would like to upgrade my main panel from a 100 amp
service to a 200 amp service. Is it true that the
electrical input to the house is already 200 amp
and so the only thing that needs to be done is to
change the 100 amp panel to a 200 amp panel? In other
words - I don't need to contact the electric company
and have them increase the amperage to the house? Or
do I?

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC