> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Up flushing toilets
Login | Register

Up flushing toilets

Posted by Mike Jeffrey on November 17th, 2002 02:34 AM
In reply to Up flushing toilets by Sara Bailey on June 5th, 2002 09:40 AM [Go to top of thread]

I have researched up-flushing toilets for a job which I had to add a full bathroom in the basement where the plumbing was 2 feet above the floor. I found out that many people have the MacPherson product and most are very unhappy. The company has since gone out of business and these people absolutely cannot find parts anywhere. The Zoeller company makes a Qwik Jon product that seems to work pretty well. The only drawback is that the unit is made to sit under the toilet, so if you can't recess the unit into the floor, the toilet has to sit on top of the unit and will stand a few inches in the air. The last product I looked into was made by Saniflo. They have several units to choose from depending on your specific needs. This is the company I decided to invest in and bought the SaniPro system. The macerating unit sits on the floor just behind the toilet and the sink and shower drain into the unit from the sides. It is a little pricey (about $750 US without installation), but you get the unit and the toilet together. I know that this system has been used in numerous commercial and residential applications and I have yet to find anyone who had a negative thing to say about it.
Hope this helps!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

• Sanifloe by Stephen Kriso  7/18/03 03:31 PM

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC