> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > ungrounded outlets
Login | Register

ungrounded outlets

Posted by LJ in TX on January 11th, 2000 09:01 PM
In reply to How can I convert an older two-slot electrical receptacle to the three-slot grounded type? by Andre on January 11th, 2000 08:12 PM [Go to top of thread]

Apparently you can replace your two prong outlets with GFCI to make up for a lack of a ground wire. Check out this website, that is what is suggested.,1179,600,00.html

otherwise to do it more correctly it would require you to run a ground wire to each outlet and ground to an accesible cold water supply line---this creats a path back to earth (soil) ground assuming your cold water pipes from the city water meter at some point go thru the soil around your house!!!!

Use of the GFCI's at each location would be the easiest solution-verify that this will work with the electricians at the Home Depot electrical department. Good luck and let us know how it turned out for you.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC