> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Under the dishwasher ??
Login | Register

Under the dishwasher ??

Posted by John 2000 on March 10th, 1999 04:36 PM
In reply to Please someone help answer my question?? by Linda on March 10th, 1999 05:22 AM [Go to top of thread]

The only thing I can maybe help you with is first " DONT USE THE POWER SAW"
if you do not have the skill, or you may be going to the hospital in parts
you and your fingers in a plastic bag.
OK, first make sure there are no cable/elctric wires, pipes under the partical
board, then drill some holes along one side of the wall/panel this is so you can get a
wood saw through the floor ( take care not to damage the side panel )you can buy a new
saw "cheap" partical board is made up of all kinds of things, so dont buy a good one just
a sharp one, and just cut along the edge on both sides.
To replace the old partical board ( I like that word ) we call it chipboard you will see
what I mean when you saw it. you will have to buy a panel of plywood 3/4"(18mm) if you ask
at the store what it is for, they should give you waterproof plywood.
Now this is the hard part to explain.
From the top surface of the old partical board, mesure down to the ground/floorboards, let us call this
mesurement "X" take off the thickness of the new plywood you will have a size "Y" then run two timbers
the size of "Y" along each side ( left and right side ) place the plywood on top and fix it
Now you have a new flooor. If that don't work get the guy from next door to do it.
Good luck.
John 2000.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC