> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Unbiased salesman--impossible!
Login | Register

Unbiased salesman--impossible!

Posted by Henry in MI on June 19th, 2001 06:37 PM
In reply to It sure helps having this message board to ask! by Bob D on June 19th, 2001 02:17 PM [Go to top of thread]

From one biased salesman to another, thank you. You were probably a good enough and biased enough salesman to convince someone to lend you some money for this. Good job. We are all salespeople at one time or another in our lives and usually many times a day.

Unbiased, who me? I like wood studs, Zinnser's shellac and primers, Benj. Moore paint and onions but don't like raw tomatoes. Steve: likes Sherwin-Williams paint, metal studs, the Frisco Railroad and doesn't like red wires. JayJ likes some kind of paint that sounds like a fish entree, metal studs and French drains. I don't know what is red that he doesn't like, but if you know where to look on the web, he likes Santa Claus hats and red bellys.

You are the one that we should be honoring. I'm sure not a home improvement pro and blanch at the thought of trying. But since you decided to be the General Contractor and a lot of other hats, you might want to be sure that you have the brands you want used in any contracts unless the pro you hire does a darned good job of convincing you otherwise. And a workmanship clause is not unusual either. Mr. General Contractor, it is up to you to ensure that the job is being done right--and the way you want it!! If you have to run any subs off, it will probably result in a better overall job--as long as you have a signed contract by both parties and you are fairly interpreting what you and they agreed to. And it's OK for you to work there to but remember that your main job is to see that your subs ARE doing it right.

Good luck, and thank you.

Henry in MI

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC