> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Types Of Laminate Flooring ...
Login | Register

Types Of Laminate Flooring ...

Posted by Jay J -Moderator on May 29th, 2001 08:39 AM
In reply to Acclimating Laminate Flooring by KosmicCarp on May 28th, 2001 11:36 PM [Go to top of thread]

Hi KosmicCarp,

There are a few types of laminate flooring. Laminated flooring shouldn't expand and contract like 3/4" solid flooring.

Some laminates are plastic. Others have multiple layers of cross-laminated sheets to actually PREVENT the shrinking and expansion. (This is one of their primary selling points.)

Sooooo, unless the Instructions explicitely say to allow 'some time' for the wood to become acclimated, there's no need to do so. At the same time, if it says to leave the plastic on during acclimation, then just do that.

I'm hoping the directions are 'clear' regarding acclimation or not (and stacking or not.) At worst, ctc. the Mfgr. for specific instructions. (If I knew the make, model, and serial #, I could tell you more.

My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J -Moderator

PS: Please, no need to post the make, model, and so on. By the time I see your follow-up, you could probably ctc. the Mfgr. yourself for an answer (assuming the Instructions aren't clear ...)

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC