> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Types Of Hardwood Flooring
Login | Register

Types Of Hardwood Flooring

Posted by Jay J on June 9th, 1998 03:11 PM
In reply to Pergo Type Flooring by Darrell on June 9th, 1998 01:01 PM [Go to top of thread]

0 of 1 people found this post helpful

There is a plethora of info out there on laminate types of floors. The easiest suggestion is to pick your favorite WEB Search Engine and start entering key-words. If you aren't familiar with WEB searches, find a friend who is and buy him/her some drinks to show you how.

Another alternative is to read some introductory info I have. Read Pergo vs. The World. It's a start. Then try Floor Search. Here, you can read about a couple of laminate floors and also about hardwood floors in general. A few personal points I have are:

Be careful of which type of wood you put in rooms that could get damp or wet (bathrooms, foyers, etc., etc..)
Be careful over which type of sub-floor you put in your flooring. Depending on the manufacturer, you can't Brand A over a crawlspace like you can with Brand B.
Read the warranty first!!! The warranty will tell you what things could void the warranty. Again, if you put the wrong flooring in the wrong room or over the wrong sub-floor, you're out of a possible reimbursement should something go wrong later on.
Compare and shop the brands. Different floors have different selling points.
And my personal preference is an 'engineered' floor. It's solid wood through and through that's been laminated at 90 degree angles at each layer. It can float, it can be re-finished 2 or 3 times, it won't expand / contract like other composite floors, it's less expensive than true hardwood, and you can do it yourself.

Best to ya. If you need more info, post up.

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC