> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Tub vs. Shower--Mothers' opinions?
Login | Register

Tub vs. Shower--Mothers' opinions?

Posted by cc on October 9th, 2002 07:25 AM
In reply to tub vs. shower by marisa on October 8th, 2002 08:34 PM [Go to top of thread]

0 of 1 people found this post helpful

Thanks, it's good to have both points of views. I did have a contractor come out. He saw that the master bath had an entrance from the hall. I wanted to seal that up and open an entrance to the adjacent master bedroom. He advised me and my husband that it would be better to retain the hall entrance so guests would not have to go through our bedroom to use it. My husband agreed...until I pointed out that it is usually the lady who cleans the bathrooms and I didn't want to have to clean up after my husband on a daily basis just in case we had guests. Since we already had a guest bath, no one outside of the family should be using that one except for us (unless there is some emergency where 2 guests have to use the bathroom at the same time, which is rare). So in the case of the tub, yes, men have a differing view and have advised us to get rid of the tub in lieu of a nice, big shower. Believe me, I want that too, but I am thinking about a woman with children. If you have more than one kid, don't you want them to be able to bathe at the same time? And I don't know, but don't they have to be a certain (older) age to use a shower compared to a bathtub? Keeping in mind that this house is good for a family with kids and if I put myself in the shoes of a mother of more than one child, personally I would want 2 tubs rather than one. Does any mothers out there have a differing opinion?

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC