> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Tub installation
Login | Register

Tub installation

Posted by Bob Z on July 21st, 2000 04:04 PM

I have just removed my old tub and I will replace it with a new one. The one I have been looking at is 1" wider. The old tub was sunk down into the floor, so therefore, I have to remove 1" of the exisiting floor, the length of the tub. My question is what is the best way of accomplishing this and what kind of tools do I need to do the job.

Also there is currently some wall tile that has to be removed on the 6" width part of the front wall. (The reason for this is that the tub extends beyond this as did the old one that was broken up.) The edge of that area from top to bottom along with the edge of the facing of the ceiling has a corner metal edging (like angle iron but aluminum) with holes in it that was probably used for the mosaic tile that was on the wall and ceiling. I have removed the drywall all around the tub area, however, still have drywall on the face of that area with this edging around the perimeter. Any suggestions on removing the edging and what I will encounter? (Hope you understand my explanation. Thank you for your response !!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC