> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Try Zinsser
Login | Register

Try Zinsser

Posted by Mongo on June 26th, 2001 10:51 PM
In reply to Mildew resistant paints worthwhile? by Chris Russo on June 26th, 2001 02:46 PM [Go to top of thread]

Zinsser has a great product line to deal with mold and mildew.

First, it sounds like you did a good job removing the current mildew. Properly installing the fan will help minimize future problems.

Zinsser has a couple of primers that you should check in to. "B-I-N" and "1-2-3." Both are great for sealing stains...but their use depends on what you want for a topcoat.

They also have another product, "Perma-White," that comes under their mildew-prevention line...two coats...the first acts as a sealer/primer, the second as a topcoat. I believe that it contains a mildewcide...and it's mildew protection may even be warranteed.

Lastly, should you want to use some other brand of paint, consider adding Zinsser's mildewcide additive to your chosen paint. I think it's called "Add-2"? Not quite sure...

Most "bath" paints have a mildewcide already in the formulation...but the Add-2 (or whatever it's called) will give added protection, and it's good to use in any paint formulation. Even bath paints.

Try an internet search...should be

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC