> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Try X-10
Login | Register

Try X-10

Posted by Bob D on March 6th, 2001 02:42 PM
In reply to Lighting control media room by Jason on March 5th, 2001 02:29 PM [Go to top of thread]

Hi Jason,

Rather than finding some really fancy way of hard wiring special combinations of lighting circuits you could go a step further and try some X-10 products. X-10 products are used in home automation and are relatively affordable. You should be able to buy some switches and a controller that will alow you to do what your describing...PLUS you would be able to dim those lights, program and run macros (if switch X is pushed turn on light Y and Z at some dimmed level for some amount of time etc...) and control all X-10 swiched lights and devices via remote controls! There are endless options that you can add on too. The other advantage of X-10 products is that it uses your existing house wiring to comunicate. This is a big advantage if you are adding them to an existing home, virtually no wiring alterations. Visit for more info.

If you have a lot of patience order a couple switches or their free starter kit then wait. X-10 will send you a free $17 to $20 gift voucher about twice every month. They also do free shipping over $25. So every couple weeks I would purchase about 2 switches or controllers for about 5-10 dollars after shipping. Can't beat that hehehe. Took me about 6 months of this but I have all the switches, motion sensors and controllers to automate my whole house now and it probably cost me under $200! It is not the highest tech stuff out there but it sure is affordable.

Good luck to ya!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC