> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > try this
Login | Register

try this

Posted by bc on January 11th, 2001 06:20 PM
In reply to Old NCE estimating software??? by Paul G on January 11th, 2001 05:20 PM [Go to top of thread]

You may need a computer tech to play around with the program to get it to run.

If you just want some raw data from data files there may be a way. Go into dos and go to the drive where the data files are. At the dos prompt, type list *.* and it should list all files. (been a long time since dos) Might try dir *.* at the dos prompt. Or find the files first through windows explorer. At dos prompt, type in this type filename or even try list filename . A /p after the command will cause a pause at each page and then press any key to go on. For printing at the dos prompt> type in this print filename or lprint filename Also try the edit command at the prompt type edit filename

I used to be able to find stuff back in the old dos days. Also since data files have a particular storage order with each category separated by commas, some database programs my pull out the data.

Also with your program, just try installing the files from one computer and recopy them to the new one. check each file size and date, some programs when installed would then modify another counter file which then tells the next install run that the program has already been installed and gives an error message. Look for any system files changed since the program was first run as a culprit and recopy the older original file from the original disk.

I also remember from dos days that the copy command may or may not transfer all files and sometimes the diskcopy command worked better and vice versa.

You could try copying the entire disks to a new directory on your hard drive and try running/installing it from the harddrive

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC