> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Try Posting Your Question On This Page At This Site ...
Login | Register

Try Posting Your Question On This Page At This Site ...

Posted by Jay J on October 26th, 1998 04:25 PM
In reply to I need help by Grace Roscoe on October 26th, 1998 02:11 PM [Go to top of thread]

A. Grace,

For what it's worth, you might be a little hard-pressed to get Bob to personally answer you as you stated because of his schedule and traveling. Last I heard, his schedule is booked about 2 years into the future. I'm not saying he isn't flexible but it would affect other projects.

No, I don't work for Bob. I'm just a pseudo-regular on the Forum (which is where you posted your request.) What I suggest is you try a more direct approach. Perhaps a personal, hand-written letter with a few pictures of what's going on in your home. I'm sure he'd look into it if you went as far as to say what specifically you'd like done, plans and all. Real costs would help him decide if it's a project he and the show can afford.

I'm suggesting this because writing a letter to Bob, personally, goes a lot further than posting up on a Forum, at least in my book. You may not want to hear this either but have you tried your local Social Services (or something) to see if there are any organizations that donate time and/or material to fixer-upper projects? Have you heard of Habitat for Humanity? In my area, there are trade schools that are willing to work with you so they can teach their carpenters, electrician, plumbers, etc., etc., the REAL thing. Check with them too. They're out there. If you approach your 'problem' as a job, I'm certain you'll be well rewarded. But it will take time and effort. You and your husband need to find time to do that, (in my opinion).

My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

PS: You can go to this WEB page and write to 'Bob' for the address you should mail your request, pictures, and plans to. You may want to start with asking 'Bob' what he would want from you to fairly evaluate your particular project. They may simply mail you a form. Good luck. It's Ask Bob.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC