> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Try a paper underlayment
Login | Register

Try a paper underlayment

Posted by Jennifer in KC on February 12th, 2003 08:21 PM
In reply to cover over paneling by Tommy on February 12th, 2003 07:05 PM [Go to top of thread]

If you check out a wallpaper store, or the wallpaper section of your local home center, or even a wallpaper vendor on-line, you should be able to find a fiber paper called an "underlayment". It's usually made out of spun polyester or something similar. Basically, you apply this underlayment over top of your paneling with paste -- just like you'd apply wallpaper. It's specifially designed to skim over the gooves and texture of paneling or concrete block, and will give you a flat surface for painting or wallpapering. It comes in pretty wide widths -- making the job go quickly -- and is not terribly expensive. It will definitely keep you from having to tear out walls.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC