> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Trust me Mickey not going to happen
Login | Register

Trust me Mickey not going to happen

Posted by Jason on February 8th, 2002 10:15 PM
In reply to Stained hardwood floors by Mickey Or should I say Mickey Jr. (give it up boy) on September 11th, 1998 12:00 PM [Go to top of thread]

1 of 1 people found this post helpful

I just refinished the floors of a 1903 victorian house. I refinished all five floors downstairs each a size of 15X15. There was substantial pet urine damage from the previous family that only owned the house from 1990 to 2000. I know that this was done by their animals because my grandparents owned the home for thirty years before them and those stains were not there. And trust me sanding them doesn't do anything, let me explain. I professionally had them sanded four times and then bleached and then sanded again. And guess what, nothing. It soaked down into the wood and no matter what you do you will never get it out unless you replace the boards. So speaking from experience let me tell you, it only takes a few years of mistreatment and those floors are ruined. So what you experienced in water damage is not the same as pet urine believe me. thanks

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC