> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Trusses etc.
Login | Register

Trusses etc.

Posted by Nick on January 21st, 2003 08:16 PM
In reply to Ceiling problem by David on January 21st, 2003 06:27 PM [Go to top of thread]

Well, the I-beams are just particle board with 2x1s on each end in the shape of an "I". Sorry I am not up to speed on the exact name. There are not trusses. The I-beams are laid upon a big redwood beam that is inside the house.

Ther is no way of knowing except for cutting the celing open, which I would rather not do yet , because we can't afford to actually start in on a big project.

Lets say it was put in all wrong. What is my option then? I was told that I may have to tear down all the drywall on the ceiling and basically re-do it all. I am hoping for other things to check for and do in case it might not be the actual insulation, but some other prob. I am wondering if something has gone wrong on the roof. There is a dormer window in the bedroom and the leak( the severe one) seems to start where the dormer does. I don't know if it is just water collecting in a break or if there is something I can look at to verify that it is indeed not the roof.

The most frustrating thing is not knowing what the heck is causing the problem!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC