> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > truss joists...
Login | Register

truss joists...

Posted by jb on November 1st, 2000 11:45 AM
In reply to Joists? by Ron C on November 1st, 2000 11:17 AM [Go to top of thread]

They look like some sort of wooden truss joist. I used similar ones once that had metal zigzags and they could span about 30' and one or two guys could easily lift one. I don't think these are as readily available as the wooden ibeams now used everywhere. One thing I liked is that you don't need crush blocs at bearing points like the wood ibeams (many builders don't use these and get ibeam joists crushing at main bearing points).

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

  • Joists? by Ron C  11/1/00 11:17 AM

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC