> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > tree trunk pieces - what to do about them
Login | Register

tree trunk pieces - what to do about them

Posted by Ray on February 3rd, 2003 10:38 PM
In reply to Log tables by Henry in MI on February 3rd, 2003 06:00 AM [Go to top of thread]

WOW! Henry in MI!! Thanks for all the feedback, its much appreciated. Boy, I started with a couple of simple ideas for projects, but didn't know it would go this far :)

I just read your response quickly, and I'll go over everything you wrote once again, but wanted to quicly thank you. Also, as far as a kiln, I don't have access to one; there is a couple of places in our small town that offer ceramic classes, and those are the only places with kilns that i can think of; i may have to pursue their help in this.

A gentleman I talked to in town mentioned to me that the solid pieces could be sprayed with RAID, since according to him, the bugs would be under or near the bark, not the solid centre. The solid pieces are truly solid and were healthy (as far as the core of the trunk is concerned). The other tree that was hollow in the middle is another story.
I see that you mentioned spraying won't kill off all the bugs, but do you think what this gentleman said might be correct - that if the trunk piece is solid and looks good, that the bugs would just be in the outer portion/bark area, and RAID would get rid of them???

Thanks again Henry, I really appreciate your time and feedback - this is something I am excited about and really want to do, and am trying to learn all I can here and do it properly.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC