> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > traps, mousers, poison are only options I know...
Login | Register

traps, mousers, poison are only options I know...

Posted by BobF on December 3rd, 2001 07:28 AM
In reply to Mice Wont go Away!!!! by Lisa on December 1st, 2001 11:13 PM [Go to top of thread]

It sounds like its a choice of keeping the dog AND the mice or getting rid of both. my sister-in-law has a Jack Russel and a cat. They get along. I suggest that if training doesn't help, you find a new home for the dog.

1. Traps are very effective but you will need to check them several times a day. The cheap spring traps work very wwell. Tie bacon on with fish line. Place the traps where you think the mice are getting into the walls. Do you have a basement? The top ledge of the foundation is a good spot.

2. A cat isn't enough. You need a mouser. Not all cats make good mousers. Siamese are the worst. Did you know a cat has to be trained to be a mouser? Usually momma cat does this, but the momma cat had to be a mouser and had to have time to train the kitten. You can train the cat to be a mouser.

3. The sonic devices are only good at removing $$ from your wallet. If they were really effective - your dog wouldn't be happy either.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC