> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Trap
Login | Register


Posted by Ray VinZant Plumbing Prof. on April 7th, 2003 12:36 PM
In reply to Drain trap situation by Carl on April 6th, 2003 10:56 PM [Go to top of thread]

As Tom said there is an multitude of ways you can pipe it. As far as the drain situation goes, you can buy a special drill that will allow you to drill out the pipe out of the hub on a fitting (trade name Rambit). Cut off the pipe right at the hub of the fitting (leave the fitting closest to the wall) then insert the rambit and drill out the nipple still in the hub. Remember from the trap to the wall must remain horizontal. You can change directions from the wall with a combinations of fittings, but no more than a 90 degree turn can be used from the trap to the wall. You can either come directly out of the trap into a diverter tee to the other compartment tailpiece, or you can go out of the disposal into a tee and tie in the other compartment with a 90 degree arm. Which ever way you choose, you shouldn't use more than one 90 degree turn on the continuous waste (waste piping connecting the sink compartments).
Good Luck

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC