> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Trane XE 80
Login | Register

Trane XE 80

Posted by Dale Williams on November 4th, 1999 09:11 PM
In reply to furnaces & air conditioner comparisons by steve on March 25th, 1998 11:54 PM [Go to top of thread]

Trane XE 80

I live in a small town (12,000) and the Trane distributor is a wonderful man. He is good, knowledgeable and a friend. Last year, when I went shopping for a new air conditioning system I got quotes and a Trane was not the least expensive but ďitís hard to stop a TraneĒ and I believe quality often cost more. Your representative has faith in you and I in him so I purchased a Trane XE 80. I still have faith in him but cannot imagine why he has faith in you.

I really donít want my feelings to get back to him because I like him, he did a good, professional job and itís a small town.

What do I think of the Trane? It is an extremely poor design. It is extremely hard to open the unit up to change the filter. Did I mention extremely hard? My wife cannot do it. I can only imagine how an elderly person could manage. Also the filter mounting system is poorly designed and it leaks. It is easy to see dirt accumulating in areas above the filter and Iím sure it is accumulating in my ductwork because it is starting to be visible around the room vents.

I know Iíve bought my last Trane. I know I will not advise anyone I know to buy a Trane although I do hope all Trane engineers have one. Everytime I am in someoneís house and notice dirt around the room vents I ask, ďdo you have a Trane, I have a new one and now I have dirt around my vents. They should made to place warning notices in their advertisements.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC