> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Tough Spot ...
Login | Register

Tough Spot ...

Posted by Jay J -Moderator on November 21st, 2000 07:41 AM
In reply to Dishwasher questions by Sean on November 20th, 2000 06:49 AM [Go to top of thread]

Hi Sean,

I'm not trying to discourage you but it's very hard to instruct you on specifics from 'here'. There are just waaaaay too many little 'things' that one would need to know as you do this job. BUT, as I said not to be discouraged, there's GOOD news!

Your new DW should come with Installation Instructions. If you haven't bought your DW yet, make sure of the dimensions, ie., that it will FIT in your planned location. Of course, there is a need for drilling holes in the floor and such. Try to keep in mind that some day, if something like the Inlet Valve goes bad, you want easy access to everything if there's a need to pull it out. In other words, if you cut hoses and pipes and such too short, you may NOT be able to pull it out w/o disconnecting something. The same goes for electrical. (I think that code requires it to be on its own circuit. Your paperwork should 'guide' you on this.)

Even if you don't have Instructions, get them from the mfgr. Then, check out these links below for a good book. Color pictures go a loooooong way. While you're at it, you might want to get a book about Plumbing and Electrical topics. Be sure you can find DW installation info in the index or table of contents. Otherwise, you're left with 'general instructions' on how to do things. (You may be OK w/this but I don't know your skill level and confidence level.) Other than that, maybe others have some info.

Installing a DW I, Installing a DW II, and Installing a DW III.

The above links may have 'duplicate info' but I'll leave that to you to check out. I don't know how much it costs to have a DW professionally installed but you might want to have it priced because you may find it a lot cheaper than you think (and w/o the aggravation that goes along w/the installation!) There is another side benefit to have a pro do it - The wife gets to use it a whole lot sooner! My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J -Moderator

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC