> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Toshiba TV switching to Stand By
Login | Register

Toshiba TV switching to Stand By

Posted by Russ on March 29th, 2003 01:07 AM

I have a dolby pro logic 29" , I bought in The UK. Since arriving in Cyprus I have started having problems with it. The red colour gun ramps up, then flashes, and cuts to Stand By. As we are unable to find a recognised dealer locally I took it to a local TV retailer who also repairs TV's. He has had the set for over a month now and keeps saying it is fixed, we get it home and it is in fact the same, he says he has replaced IC's remade dry joints and had it working at home for three and four days all of which I doubt. We plug it in and 30 minutes later red then standby. The latest story is that he suspected the tube so he has re-gassed it, if this doesn’t work he says he will try to get a reconditioned tube. As this is too ridiculous I wont go on, but to say I have been an Electronics technician In The Royal Air Force for 20+ years the rubbish he has told my wife is un-believable. Could you please help me by telling me if this is a common problem, what is the likely cause and do you have any recognised dealers in Cyprus that we might use for this or in future?

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC