> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Too Many Possibilities ...
Login | Register

Too Many Possibilities ...

Posted by Jay J on August 28th, 2000 09:22 AM
In reply to Water in Basebase by David DaCosta on August 27th, 2000 10:40 AM [Go to top of thread]

This is where your ASHI-Approved Home Inspector comes in. This is where he earns his $$$$!!!

From here, it's hard to say what the cause of the problem is. Is the sloping around the foundation sloping AWAY from the house? Are there gutters? Are the gutters clogged, as well as the downspout(s)? ARE there downspouts? Do the gutters leak? Is the water coming from a neighbor's house??? And so on.

Spend a few hundred $$$ for professional advice. You MAY save yourself a few THOUSAND $$$ later on! It's money well-spent. My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

PS: Get your own Inspector. Go ahead and let the Realtor make a FEW recommendation, then stay away from them! Read about what it 'means' to be an ASHI Home Inspector. You want an Inspector that is working in YOUR interest; not in the Realtor's interest! It's their job to go up on the roof, visually 'survey' the lot, and a whole, LOT more. And be sure to ask the Inspector for your Home Report ON-SITE the day of the inspection. This way, if you have any ?'s, he's RIGHT THERE!

PPS: I'm not a home inspector nor am I compensated by ASHI in ANY way. (At least they have 'standards' when it comes to Home Inspections!)

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC