> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > toilets
Login | Register

Posted by bc on May 16th, 2000 11:53 PM
In reply to To bc, would you be so kind... by Lee on May 16th, 2000 07:19 PM [Go to top of thread]

Sorry, I saw your post today and answered it and some others. Then I went back in this evening and 2 of them that I swear were answered were gone. Maybe it was a computer glitch. It has happened to me before and then I didn't have time to retype it. Anyway....

Replace the wax rings like Jim said and any rotted wood in the floor. It could also be one of the valves Jim mentioned but I still think it is the toilets. Before replacing the ballcock assembly and flapper try this: Turn the water off at the stop valve on each toilet for a day or two to see if you can isolate the problem(do it during the wax ring change). Do this for other faucets if you need to. I suppose it could be any of the other faucets that allow a little to leak and it could even be the icemaker.

You have a valve above the water heater to shut off all hot water. Try that for a while to isolate it to the cold or hot side. And if detecting like Sherlock Holmes doesn't help, then we'll ask Dr. Watson. LOL

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC