> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > To Pat - I couldn't reply to your email, address messed up
Login | Register

To Pat - I couldn't reply to your email, address messed up

Posted by Paula on October 12th, 1999 04:56 PM
In reply to Glass shower by Paula on October 11th, 1999 03:15 PM [Go to top of thread]

Pat, I wouldn't get it UNLESS you have time to keep up with it every day. I think that if you never let it get dirty it might be ok. My husband has some friends and their shower is sparkling clean - their maid wipes it with Windex EVERY day and it has never had the chance to get any sort of build-up. Ours did get a build-up and now nothing will take the last layer off. It is ALMOST clean and if you just glance at it then it looks ok, but if you look at it through the light then you can see annoying little spots.

Here are some of the suggestions that I have found that I have not yet tried - SOS pad, fine steel wool, mineral turpentine, rain-X applied after clean, spot-x, rubbing alcohol, orange glo, lemon oil, mineral oil, gelgloss, white vinegar combined with baking soda. The glass may have gotten etched by all the chemicals I have tried. I don't know?

Good luck on the renovation and I must say that my spotted glass shower still looks better then most of the enclosed showers that I have seen.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

• gel gloss by Sandi Savage  2/4/04 09:37 AM

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC