> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > To A Certain Degree ...
Login | Register

To A Certain Degree ...

Posted by Jay J -Moderator on January 16th, 2002 03:38 PM
In reply to BEHR Paint from Home Depot by Bob on January 16th, 2002 12:13 PM [Go to top of thread]

Hi Bob,

When it comes to 'opinions' on paint, this Forum has LOTs of 'personal opinions', mine included.

I prefer to pay a few more $$$ and buy my paint from a local Paint Retailer. In fact, almost all of the Mfgrs. that make their paint also make the paint for the Home Centers, K-Mart, Wallmart, and the like, BUT to the Big-Box-Store's specifications. Usually, with the price that a can sells for, you have to figure you get what you pay for. If the Specs. were the same in those stores as well as in the local Paint Retailer's Store, then it wouldn't matter where you bought it, eh? If you were to take a look in the back of the vans of, say ..., 6 Pro Painters, I'd bet you'd see Big-Box-Paints in 1 van. The others wouldn't use it because, well ..., their livelyhood depends on good paint as well as a 'nice job'.

The overwhelming majority of 'folks' that have visited us here have NOT had great success with those paints, faux included. See what the local Paint Retailer has for you and go from there. PLUS, use a high-quality PRIMER/SEALER before you use your topcoat especially if you're going from dark to light, or if the surface is being painted for the first time, or if you're changing from oil to latex. (Again, the Paint Retailer can help you.)

Others will most likely follow behind me, either for or against using Big-Box-Paints. My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J -Moderator

PS: God Bless America!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC