> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > TJI's
Login | Register


Posted by Scott on March 3rd, 2002 01:42 PM
In reply to Engineered flooring systems by Fred Sellers on March 3rd, 2002 08:39 AM [Go to top of thread]

Go to type in engineered floor trusses all kinds of tech info.The type of truss you saw I know as TJI.They are used alot around me(Chicago area).Light to work with,they have knockouts for plumbing,elect.,heat ducts to go right through them.I have even used them for roof rafters.Very bouncy though.Builders go max spans and centers.I have seen kitchen cab doors open when you walk in the room. Had to build extra bearing walls under tile and marble floors that sagged and cracked because of too large a span but was within manufacture spects.They also require "crush" blocks to be installed at all interior bearing points.I would like to see what happens if you don't.Like I said they are used alot here so I guess they are the new wave.Walk through a finished house and jump on the floor once.A jump is worth a thousand words.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

  • TJI by Josh  3/7/02 06:45 PM

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC