> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Thoughts On Cleaning ...
Login | Register

Thoughts On Cleaning ...

Posted by Jay J on June 1st, 2000 10:05 AM
In reply to Cleaning Hardwood Floors by Susan M on May 31st, 2000 05:35 PM [Go to top of thread]

There are a lot of home remedies for cleaning this, that, and 'the other thing'. But I have a position, of sorts, on this kind of stuff.

A long time ago, a family friend had a piston rod break on him. According to Ford Motor Company, the problem was related to using an unapproved oil in the engine. And because of that, the warranty was VOID. What I'm trying to say is a couple of things: 1) If your floor is under a Warranty, DO what the warranty says to do. That way, if there's a problem, you will have the proof that you complied with the Warranty. 2) Once you're out of Warranty, you can do whatever you want. BUT, with that, you take certain risks. Sure, there are a lot of 'the other things' that will get by just fine with a home remedy. AT the same time, there are those that may not. This is where you get what you pay for. This is the line you must ultimately draw.

Sooooo, to answer your question, before you go laying down any more 'stuff' on the floor that wasn't recommended for it, you might want to think about cleaning/stripping off whatever residue is on there now, and go with a 'proper cleaner'. That's just my $.02. You wouldn't use a friend for legal advice unless they were a lawyer. You wouldn't use a friend to do surgery on you unless they were a doctor. And certainly, you wouldn't use a friend to do your floors unless they knew what they were doing! In closing, clean your floors with a floor cleaner. Otherwise, who knows what you may get ... My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC