> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > thoughts...
Login | Register


Posted by jb on August 13th, 2001 12:36 PM
In reply to Stainless Steel Residential Entry Doors by Angela Hayes on August 12th, 2001 04:22 AM [Go to top of thread]

I would buy an insulated steel entry door and bring it to a place that fabricates stainless steel and have them just apply a sheet over it. They would need to have their tolerances pretty close so that if they lipped it over the edge that it wouldn't add too much to the dimensions of the door (width and height) and interfere with the correct closing. Or, they could use a thin shaped channel around the edges (mounted on the face) into which the sheet edge would terminate. Basically it comes down to attaching a piece of sheet metal (stainless) to the door. I use glue (epoxy or construction adhesive and sometimes edge channels and/or decorative brass screws with finish washers or special knurled heads, etc..

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC