> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Thoughts ...
Login | Register

Thoughts ...

Posted by Jay J -Moderator on February 25th, 2001 09:42 AM
In reply to IKEA Laminate Flooring by Jill Allen on February 25th, 2001 01:20 AM [Go to top of thread]

Hi Jim,

Honestly, I don't know what IKEA's 'answer to PERGO' is so I'll pass by that and say something else.

Lots of times, when new home buyers look at a home, they're thinking that IF they bought it, what would they change? The carpet? The paint? Maybe knock down a wall, or put one up? LOTS of 'things' go through their minds.

Consider just leaving the carpet and vinyl in place. Changing it won't add or take away from the value of the house. They're BOTH maintenance items that wear out and need replacement over time. Yes, it will look good but maybe the won't like what color or style you pick. Maybe they want hardwood underneath. (And if you have hardwood, I personally would have it refinished BUT wouldn't cover it up.)

IF you decide to re-carpet and/or re-vinyl and/or install laminate flooring, stick to NEUTRAL colors AND styles. This way, what you do won't necessarily 'reflect' YOUR tastes, and would be more towards a 'general' taste. That's my $.02. Simply put, doing either what you want to do or what I suggest may not add any 'value' to the home. Again, it's not like you're adding a fireplace or an addition or something.

My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J -Moderator

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC