> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > This theory is easily shot down, Henry. Can't you try harder before bringing it to the table.
Login | Register

This theory is easily shot down, Henry. Can't you try harder before bringing it to the table.

Posted by Steve Jones on September 7th, 2000 05:01 PM
In reply to Not Steve Jones by Henry in MI on September 6th, 2000 09:48 PM [Go to top of thread]

For one,
The discussion didn't start over a mineral spirits based stain.
It was over Steve stating,
"I would imagine that alcohol or mineral spirits would do the job."

And your reply "Steve is on the right track that you should start with mineral spirits and then try alcohol"

Don't change it to suit your needs now.
"mineral spirits based stain"

You would as fact, have to take a piece of this 100 year old wood floor and saturate it with mineral spirits or alcohol to the extent this person would have to while removing the glue in order to do your test.

You have no idea what type of wood, percent of moisture content in the wood or the amount of liquid that would be needed to do the job is. Unless of course you have been to this house?
But you want to run around like a chicken with its head cut off and throw your advice out like you could not be offbase. Guy, you are criminal. A hazard to society. You are so worried about being right, that you will risk the health of others. You are sick.

You’re quote,

"I would be happy to include your safety comments if they were true or made sense. They do not."

I have included them myself so I do not need your personal assistance with this process.
Apparently you must have the research and testing that clarifies my concerns to be wrong, so post them?

I would like to have said I have met a very intelligent, compelling fellow DIY'er. But I have not.

Jeanene, I hope you will take heed and do the research needed for a healthy outcome.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC