> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > This Is A Reserved Post ...
Login | Register

This Is A Reserved Post ...

Posted by Jay J on July 5th, 2000 12:25 PM
In reply to Wondering about TREK decking material by Clueless on July 5th, 2000 12:11 PM [Go to top of thread]

I see you have a question but it's not at all related to my visit to Martha's this past weekend.

Now, I know you're gonna say that my Post has nothing to do with the 'purpose' of's Forum. And you're right! Still, my post and yours, well, still aren't related. (Just having some fun.)

I suggest that if you don't get any 'real answers' using a Follow-up as an original Post, that you consider creating a NEW post once you figure out how to do it. (I bet your Browser 'hangs' when you click 'POST A NEW MESSAGE', eh?) To create your own post, you have to WAIT until the ENTIRE Forum WEB Page loads up. So, depending on your PC and your ISP, you could be waiting a few minutes. You see, the link to post a new message is at the BOTTOM of the main Forum page. And to get there, it needs to load up first.

Your 'shortcut' to the Board got your message up but only time will tell if it gets answered.

Did I meet you at Martha's???

Jay J

PS: I have no input because I don't have a TREK-type deck nor have I worked w/the material. I see you're worried it will look ugly. You need to see some finished decks. Ask the contractor for a 'reference' that's a few years old and one that's brand-new. That should give you some idea of what you're in for. I do know that this type of decking is constantly being 'improved'. I don't even know what colors it comes in. This will affect how much heat it absorbes (when you want to walk on it in bare feet.) And for discoloration. And how often you need to 'clean' it. And replace a 'damaged' board. (You should probably keep a few out in the 'elements' so they weather evenly and don't look 'new' when a damaged board is replaced.)

I guess the key is to talk to 'other' home owners. Make sure you can authenticate the installation. Ask for proof when you GET TO THE HOUSE; not over the phone. (It could be back-dated if the reference is the contractor's brother-in-law's house!) Know what I mean??? Shop around for other, similiar products. This way, you can compare them to EACH OTHER. Do some WEB searching on key words.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

• Gap info by Ed Christian  1/22/03 03:22 PM

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC