> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Thinking out loud
Login | Register

Thinking out loud

Posted by Moderator, Steve on April 6th, 2003 05:11 PM
In reply to Jason - thanks ! so no problem... by liv on April 6th, 2003 02:16 PM [Go to top of thread]

and not to distort Jason's answer as in normal conditions it would not make any difference at all, as long as Jason stated, the thickness is the same, BUT

I would imagine that most home inspectors would not even look up there and would not even see it, but if you got one that was on his/her toes and saw the difference, would it not send up a red flag of sorts? Would the inspector wonder why the change in woods and why was not the 1 bys not reinstalled back?

Since the house is going on the market and the tar paper has not been laid down and since it would be so easy to use the one bys, would it not be something so easy to fix now and sleep better latter on? If it was your house to stay in and you were not on the market, it would not make any difference at all, but since your under scrutiny and you want that best price and you do want an inspection report that had few "red dots", then why not go ahead and fix it right at this time?

I do know as a contractor and as a home owner that I certainly would require it whether selling or living there from now on.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC