> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > think ejection pump and pit
Login | Register

think ejection pump and pit

Posted by bc on December 19th, 2000 06:44 PM
In reply to Basement Bathroom by Scott on December 19th, 2000 12:30 PM [Go to top of thread]

The quikjon is a shortcut that has you sitting on a throne since you are above the floor. It doesn't work that well if you want to put a tub/shower on a stand to run into it. It will be noisier in the bathroom.

Money wise, by the time you figure the cost of a quik jon, it isn't that much different than a sewage pump and pit. A toilet could be easily replaced. Extra cost would be for a concrete saw rental and posible jack hammer rental and then fill in with some quikcrete. A concrete saw will work good cutting on your chalk line and into sections. Add a floor drain with check valve while you are at it. Do you have a sump pump basin? Put it close to the sewage basin and floor drain and the floor drain will help in sump pump failures. Add the connections for possible tie ins of a sink, tub/shower, clothes washer/laundry room, utility tub for washing dogs and cleaning basement shop projects, etc. Run your a/c and water heater overflow into it.

Depending upon your house and the possible resale value, think about peoples expectations for a finished basement. If you have to use a lift pump, probably everyone in the neighborhood does too so no big deal. If you have a newer, well valued, more well kept house for which you want to keep the resale value up on then go with the standard. Some women may not like the idea of sitting on a throne anyway. That said, if my rusted, corrugated tin roofed, tar paper sided, trailer house was sitting on a basement, I'd put a quik jon in that basement provided I didn't want any of the other mentioned fixtures to run into it. I take that back, if my trailer had a basement and I only wanted a toilet, then maybe one of those construction site chemical toilets would be ok. lol

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC