> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Think again....
Login | Register

Think again....

Posted by Gutterless on March 16th, 2000 07:06 AM
In reply to Don't mess with Texas! by Jim -ATS on March 14th, 2000 01:26 PM [Go to top of thread]

"I appreciate your comments regarding construction techniques as they relate to your area of Texas. However, the original poster
on this issue specifically relates a problem regarding water penetration into his crawlspace.
1. I doubt there are many crawlspaces in your area of Texas.
2. Water penetration resulting in structual rot is not an issue likely to happen in your area of Texas either."

You know what happens when one assumes? There are probably MORE crawlspaces as a result of peir and beam foundations in Texas than slab foundations. My house is sitting on one right now. Do you think it only rains in Washington state? The rent house I own (P&B foundation) developed a drainage problem resulting in water running under the house and staying there. It was a landscaping issue not a "gutter" one. Don't be so foolish to think you know everything.

"The fact that this house had no gutters for 12 years is in fact a very serious problem,..."

You DON"T know this to be true. You are assuming. Have you seen the house? Do you even know where the house is located? No, you don't simply because the poster NEVER said where he lived. He MAY live in Texas (we don't have water under houses... remember) and have a serious drainage/landscaping issue COMPLETELY unrelated to gutters. You simply don't know. Do you? You are only assuming.

"Make sure the water gets AWAY from yor foundations,...".

Again, you think eveyone lives in Washington. There are plenty of architects here in Texas and elsewhere that would not agree with you. Does your blanket statement apply to slabs? As I said before, there are folks who bury soaker hoses around their foundation and leave them on year around.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC