> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > thermostat
Login | Register

Posted by bc on January 23rd, 2001 12:11 PM
In reply to Programmable Thermostat? by Deanna on January 23rd, 2001 11:53 AM [Go to top of thread]

Hi Deanna, I just bought a Hunter 350 which retailed for $50 bucks less 25% off on a sack sale at Payless. Seems to work good although still adjusting to get the right temps as the old one probably didn't have that accurate of a thermometer for which they can vary from the factory by 5 degrees. It came with all the instructions and I'm sure you can handle it if your the same person I'm thinking of.

The highest model Honeywell (3400 or higher, I forget) is good and supposed to have the computer that sets your thermostat so you have the desired temp at the time you set it. They cost $99 bucks and I'm not sure that is worth the difference when I can set the Hunter so the times get the temp when we want it. The Hunter has 4 settings per day and you can break it down to weekdays and weekend or daily if you are a barber or someone on a different schedule or shift. It also has allows you to enter different time settings in the cool mode so you don't have to reprogram when you manually switch to cool or heat. It also has battery backup to same the memory of your settings during power failure. It also has manual overrides to raise or lower the temp.

White Rodgers is a good brand also but they cost even more.

I'm not sure if any brand does what I want which is automatically switch between heat and a/c for those spring and fall days where you need heat at night and a/c during the day. My house has a lot of passive solar and it really heats up in the sunshine so the automatic switch may not be a good thing during the winter cause you don't want your compressor running during freezing temps. I guess we can't have everything.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC