> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > There's this add for Farmer's Insurance...
Login | Register

There's this add for Farmer's Insurance...

Posted by Jim -ATS on May 26th, 2000 10:31 AM
In reply to cutting a hole in the ceiling by Linda on May 26th, 2000 10:12 AM [Go to top of thread]

That sounds just like this. Hubby installs a fan light without an electrician, they go away for vacation and come home to fire trucks and charcoal. The thought of a swaged fan light made me laugh. The only real problem is that the chain cannot compensate for the torque on the fan, and god help you if the fan is out of balance!

Call an electrician. The fan has to be mounted in a ceiling box that is rated for the fan so it won't pull out of the ceiling while your 3 year old is playing underneath it. Hunter makes very good fans, and you might ask your electrician for assistance in selecting one. You will also need to find a drywaller to repair the holes the electrician is going to make, but you should be able to do the painting yourself. Find a drywaller who specializes in repairs, advertising something like "no job too small".

I'm a general contractor, and I would still hire the electrician and drywaller. I know my limitations.

Good luck!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC