> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > There are soo many better paints
Login | Register

There are soo many better paints

Posted by Steve: on January 16th, 2002 06:27 PM
In reply to BEHR Paint from Home Depot by Bob on January 16th, 2002 12:13 PM [Go to top of thread]

out there than BEHR.

My personal experience with behr was not a pleasurable one. I am a painter by trade. I have always taken pride in my work and paint homes like I would want mine painted.

I have always strived to only paint with three brands: Sherwin, Kelly Moore, and Ben Moore. This gives the customer a choice and they all group with my skills to create a finish that you would want.

These three brands are found only in their respecive speciality paint store.

Now, with behr: again, I am a painter that is supposed to know how to properly paint. Behr does leave corner shadows. Behr does not wash up and clean up well at all. Behr is a paint that I would rather refuse the paint job than to paint with that product and expect renumeration. Behr does not partner with my skills to give the finish that I achieve. Matter of fact, it will loose business for me.

Behr has as many lawsuits agains it as any company that I know. Anyone that advertises that a paint of that quality will last for lifetime is just asking for that amount of litigation. Paint, even the best is only good for max of seven years and less under stringent environments.

Now, here is this to you. your time is very valuable. to paint your home, you are sacrificing good time that you could be with your family or doing something of quality.

If you spend the time painting with your hard earned time and you spend a small amount of money on paint product, then the last thing you want to do is to repaint.

Repaint and re buy paint is a real profit drain and something that no one likes to do. So, my suggestion is to take the behr back get a quality paint and with your time, you will have a paint job that you will be very happy with.

I am ready for all the flak that will arise from these comments, but its near and dear to me to use good paint with good earned time to yeild good results.

Behr will not do this for you.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC