> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > The Trouble Is ...
Login | Register

The Trouble Is ...

Posted by Jay J on August 21st, 2000 08:52 AM
In reply to Posts by Stegve on August 21st, 2000 08:23 AM [Go to top of thread]

... That ALL the 'parties' to the problem aren't gonna 'show up'.

You're right. I, personally, have been on the Forum for over 2.5 years. Boys will always be boys. Aside from the the recent rash of 'stuff' from annonymous posters, it's been pretty good (I think.) There are those folks, from time to time, that 'professionally' hash out their differences. (For example, the SHerwin-Williams 'stuff' ...) My option aside, you're right, in that there are multiple ways to solve a problem. And not everyone is 'receptive' to change. Usually, folks go with what works even when 2 parties disagree. That's OK by me, and like both parties, I like to 'hear' why and why NOT I should use a particular type of product. That's the objective question, and you can only hope for an objective answer. People just have to be able to 'filter' what's important when 2 or more parties disagree. I know I can get defensive when I feel I'm not being 'listened' to. But I've gotten better in simply leaving it as a 'to each his own - that is all I have to say about that'.

If you're looking for 'the men', they're the ones that are actually helping people. The annonymous posters need a different type of help that most of 'us' can't provide. Take a deep breath and try to get 'past' it all. It eventually works out. :)

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

• Posts by Stegve  8/21/00 08:23 AM

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC