> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > The points...............
Login | Register

The points...............

Posted by Henry in MI on October 7th, 1999 08:30 AM
In reply to :) thanks for the warning...but... by Kimberly on October 6th, 1999 04:28 PM [Go to top of thread]

Kiberly, the points that I was trying to make are that tool costs can kill you if you are not careful. It may be a "guy thing" but we have to have the latest and greatest. If you check home improvement magazines like The Family Handyman, they can show you plenty of ways to make a few good basic power tools do the work of a whole barnfull of expensive equipment. And while most people know that tile saws and floor sanders are commonly rented, a good tool rental place will have a good selection of other tools available for special jobs. Many home centers now have rental programs also.

The second point it that some projects take on a life of their own. Around here, there are classes available on about any home improvement subject and many might be a benefit to you. But you might watch out for ending up in a situation where you are taking classes 3 nights a week and Saturday so you never have time to work on the projects that you need to do. I tend to get started on a project that I like and go until completion. This is great for some things, but for paint stripping, for instance, you are a lot better off to work an hour every night than 5 hours on Saturday. I guess that I am saying that time management is also an important factor.

Good luck
Henry in MI

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC