> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > The Painter's 5-1 makes a great survival tool!
Login | Register

The Painter's 5-1 makes a great survival tool!

Posted by Jim -ATS on April 10th, 2000 07:23 PM
In reply to I would prime . . . by Vin Man on April 10th, 2000 08:37 AM [Go to top of thread]

Hey, that is in my top 5 tools of all time list! The painter's five in one is far more than that, it is by far the best way to clean a paint roller, while saving about 8oz of paint in the process, it is a great knife, screwdriver, hammer, scraper, pencil sharpener, paint can opener, beer bottle opener (some brands actually have this feature built in to the blade) and a reflective signal mirror, for when you're lost in the wilderness.
One of my favorite uses is as a prybar for removing base molding. You can use the blade to cut along the top of the molding where the painter caulked the drywall to base molding joint to hide the fact that the walls aren't straight, then drive the blade down behind the molding with a hammer and gently pry it out. The blade is thin enought to do this, without being too thin to apply any real pressure, (like a regular putty knife).

makes a great stocking stuffer!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC