> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > The name says a lot....
Login | Register

The name says a lot....

Posted by lawnboy on February 29th, 2000 04:35 PM
In reply to Protection from golf balls by Tom on February 29th, 2000 12:38 AM [Go to top of thread]

Tom this is the type of work I do for a living....I'ts funny I tell people all the time that I would never live next to a golf course...5:00 a.m. mowers everyday people walking by the back yard every 5 minutes all day long....and that bad shot that we all have that lands in your yard (so how many time has that person climbed the fence to get the ball? Heres what you need to do first is there a line of houses? Are you in line with a tee? Things like that need to be looked do you know the supernatant of the course? Becouse the best thing is to have trees planted on the couse in a group as to intercept the ball, maybe you can work out a deal with them. Now I'm not talking about putting it right next to the yard but out a ways in a place thats in line with most of the ball play, so you will still have the veiw. There is a fabric that is made that looks like chicken wire, and boy is it strong, it also hold well to the weather. The bad part is that I do not know the name of the stuff....most golf courses use in on the mowers so that the person mowing don't get hit. You best bet is to call a few golf suppliers and I'm sure that thet can head you in the right direction. To but the stuff up, all you need to do is build a fram stretch this stuff across and use zip ties to hold it. But I still think that your best solution is the tree the way right now is the time to act. Most golf courses are setting the schedule for the summer, and they have the money. Hope this helps.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC