> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > The board
Login | Register

The board

Posted by Henry in MI on November 14th, 1999 10:14 AM
In reply to Hey Jay J, Henry in MI, by pb on November 14th, 1999 12:55 AM [Go to top of thread]

I'll try to answer your questions in order.
1: I am not affilliated with Sears or *** ****. I post at the Citristrip board also and am not affilliated with them either. I have turned down offers of product there so I can keep "editorial freedom" but it was nice of them to offer.

2: You will have to ask him.

3: If you come to the board from the home page, Ask Bob, route, you will see how to get to the new board. I really don't want to get into it again, but most of us seem to prefer this board.

4: I have a list of sites with good info and so do most of the other posters. My list has the things that most interest me so it is different from others lists and I have no problem referencing them to questioners.

Thanks for the roses. Now how about some requests to make things easier for everybody. These are just suggestions for posters to have a better chance of getting their question answered. The first is DON'T POST IN ALL CAPS. My tired old eyes can't handle it and instead of getting more attention, it tends to make me skip a response. The second is to try to be specific in questions. Questions like "I want to build a house. Please send plans and instructions." are a little broad. Third, don't ask a question under an old question/thread. They are hard to find and you may not get a response if nobody looks at the question. Fourth, let us know where you are and your skill level. The climate and conditions are different in Arizona than they are in Minnesota and this may affect an answer. There are plenty of times to call a pro. You can't be an expert in everything and there are lots of other reasons. We all do it. Finally, feedback helps. If a project went great, that makes the posters feel good and keeps us going. If you had a problem, let us know that too so we can tell others what to watch out for.

Jump in with your questions and comments. We want to keep this board enjoyable and productive.
Henry in MI

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC